This custom digger was built to order. It was constructed from the exact 1920s specifications using an original Erie Digger mechanism (1924 – 1946) which was completely refurbished. The play method is the original 6-stop in rotation system.
The cabinetry is solid oak wood construction, and finished in Red Oak stain and a, hand rubbed, gloss final finish. The 3 header signs are hand painted on the reverse of the glass panels, and back lighted by an incandescent fixture. Signs on the interior cabinet back are “How To Play”, and “The Erie Digger” (a brief history of the machine).
This impressive piece is now owned by one of the nations foremost collectors of pre-1950 diggers.